Friday, April 18, 2008

In the Presence of Greatness


When I was younger and visiting my parents' alma mater, I remember seeing a building that said Humanities. I thought, "Perfect! A major where I can just people-watch for a living." (The airport = quality people-watching. Spending the night on the street the night before the Rose Parade = prime. It really can't get any better than that. Honest.) Well, I was out of luck with my dream of what a Humanities major studies, but my love of people-watching has never diminished.
So you can imagine my glee when the Guiness Book of World Records holder for the World's Longest Fingernails (Lee Redmond) was at the register next to me today. I was glowing. Glowing!  Aren't you dying to know how she even functions?! Well, I got to see how she gets credit cards out of her wallet and sign her name. I got a fantastic undercover shot of her on her way out. I do have to say I was intrigued by both women's hair almost as much as the nails. I am disappointed I didn't talk to her. But c'mon, I was honestly speechless.

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is so disgusting!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
khepworth said...

How does that lady wipe her freak'in butt!!!!!!!! SICK!!!!!

Just thought I'd ask.

Kurtosis

cort said...

hook me up!

Emily said...

GET OUT!! I saw her on TV - so yucky and kind of sad. Where were you? Way to go on the undercover picture.

khepworth said...

ummm.....you got that the post from khepworth was kurt not me, right??? Just wanted to clear that up for anyone. Kurtosis=Kurt. He's sick, I know....

Amy said...

strangely intriguing

Josie said...

when i started telling justin about it last night, he made me stop talking about it because he was getting the gag reflex. sick.

lori said...

Whats that black cloud next to her in the undercover picture? I thought it was a shot from a LOST episode....

Sarah said...

tambien speechless

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosie Posie said...

What the @!#$%? That is some great undercover photography.
Lori may be on to something about the LOST episose...

Beebs said...

Oh this is classic!! She lives in Utah? Very scarey! And Briar we are just SOO much alike! I am a people watch aficionado, taught by the best, my Mom! You are awesome and hilarious!

The Clark said...

briar, how the h did you know she was the world's record holder??? and tell me you didn't know her name before you ran home to look it up.

i'm at stacy barney/smith's right now. we are dying over your hilariousness!

stacy says hi.

her son says to you AND the fingernail lady: i love you. you're hot.

Jessarella said...

Vomit!

Nelson said...

You actually saw her in person?!
Too good to be true!