Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Home Sick



This happens every April. I live in the snow more than half of the year. Come February, every year, I expect it to just stop and be 70 degrees outside. It has snowed the past 2 days and we are all so over it already. But this happens every year. I've been wearing my flip flops, regardless, for awhile now. Some people love seasons, but I don't need them; 72 degrees year-round is just fine with me. These are some photos of where I grew up in Palos Vedes, Ca. I didn't appreciate where I lived until I moved away. Do we ever?






9 comments:

coolerthanu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaryClaire Brown said...

this post made me home sick too. thanks for making me think of "home," which is what pv will always be.

cort said...

who took those pics girlfriend? Dad?

A Thinker said...

I'm totally home sick too!! Pregnant woman that I am, I'm fixating primarily on the food. I can't stop thinking about The Red Onion, The Risty and Mayers Bakery (which someone told me was sold to another company and now sucks - the horror!) Fully sympathizing with my plight, a good friend even offered to fed-ex me some Red Onion chips 'n salsa, but I felt too lame accepting her offer. But I'm thinkin' about it...send you some too?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that looks like absolute HEAVEN right now. What's worse is that we actually got one day when it was 75 degrees (though it was pretty windy). Let's all hop to Cali shall we???

LC

BRIAR said...

Cort - I got the photos from my brother, Jake. He took some, and my dad took some. There may be one that neither one took, I'm not sure though.

Janean - I have thought many times of how to get Red Onion up here. I've yet to think of a worthy/safe way. But it is the first lunch stop I make every time I go home.

Beebs said...

Looks like heaven! And you have an excuse for the flip-flops no one will think anything of it in Utah if you are pregnant! :-)

mrs. timberlake said...

briar... snow? april?
no comprende.

it's 84 right now.

i must gloat now, for in june, (who am i kidding --- in MAY) i lose that ability.