Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A BROKEN HEART IN UNDER 24 HOURS






Oh, Sweet Téa. I had no idea you could break a little heart so quickly. That little snake I found in our house turned out to be "Crystal, the Best Snake in the Whole World." (Yes, Crystal) Anyway, the girls woke up and I brought them the snake. Well, that was the beginning of the end for little Tay. She fell in love immediately. Long story short, after some major explaining that snakes hate tupperware and love dirt, bugs, and water, I convinced Téa that if she loved Crystal, she would let her go. Luckily, we were going to Hobble Creek that afternoon. So, off we went with Crystal "safely" on Téa's lap the whole way. We found a nice new home by the creek and she let the snake go. She took it hard. I didn't give a rip about that snake, but I totally teared up when she was crying "Goodbye Crystal" as it took off down the hillside. She was torn up. But as you can see in the photo, a box of donut holes and some self-requested quiet time took care of the wounds.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

What a story...so adorable, esecially about the part with the snake loving gir....wait a minute...snakes! no dolls or barbies...snakes?????????

too cute :D

xox darlene

Leslie said...

hi--i'm josie's friend steph's sister. :) my little five-year-old girl loves snakes, too, the crazy girl! your little one looks adorable. i love that face in the donut hole picture, it's just so hard to be sad when you're little. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the snake's heart was broken too. It probably took everything Crystal/Crystapher had to keep slithering away.

Josie said...

only te...

HOO said...

Briar you are such a good mommy. There is no way in hell I would let a snake in my tupperware, in my car, in my house...I would definitely have a restraining order against all snakes.