Monday, March 23, 2009

What a Difference a "Jake" Makes


"I'm not a magician, just a photographer." Uh, yes you are Jake.
My brother can make my children seem so unconditionally loving - as if Téa would be thrilled that Avery ate her cinnamon roll and Avery loved it when Tay lost her Nintendo DS. Rocco is suddenly cool and odorless. My somewhat chaotic bedroom looks so peaceful. And when he catches me reprimanding Avery for dangling Eden over the coffee table, I seem as cool as a cucumber (see below).

Some may choose to call it lying - 
but I choose to call it good photography.
Luckily for so many of us, Jake (his name is Jason, but we all call him Jake) quit his "day job" and now photographs full time. With just a quick home visit, he can help anyone lie - I mean, be well-photographed too.

10 comments:

Katie said...

Briar, I think I'm in love (with you). Yow!

Anonymous said...

Jason rocks!

Beebs said...

Brair that top one of you is just gorgeous! And I LOVE the one of Rocco, hilarious!! It doesn't hurt for the photographer to have a good muse like you though!

Amy said...

Jason is an amazing photographer.
But...
you really are that pretty AND cool as a cucumber.
it's true.

Josie said...

wow! your hair is so long and luscious! i'm pretty sure that's not photoshop.

Josie said...

oh and jake truly is amazing. LOVE your bedroom

Emily said...

You look so pretty! I love them all.

Diaries of a Wonder Woman said...

You and your girls are tres belle!!! I just love your fam to pieces and tell Jake I would love to hire him for some fam photos whenever he is up here again :)

Chelsea said...

hahaha! gotta love the dog.

mrs. timberlake said...

briar,
your hair is simply divine. i turn away for a second and it grows like fine wine (ok, that doesn't make sense, but at least i admit it).

and jake - please come save us from ourselves here in phx.

p l e a s e