Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good Day for Us, Bad Day for Rocco.


Wednesday mornings Ben teaches a typography class at a college close to our home.  We love it because he stops by the house for lunch just as Aves gets off the bus.  Today Avery was going on and on about her loose tooth and all of the possible things that could go wrong (ie. swallow it or lose it in her covers at night).  She was explaining - in great detail - today that if she does lose it, she will have to write a super-tiny note to the tooth fairy, because she is so tiny and can't read normal size print.  

Anyways, we love our 20 minute lunch break with Ben on Wednesdays.

Now, on the other hand, Rocco HATES Wednesdays.  He gets left at home with me for the morning (the one who finally broke his spirit, remember?).  And to make matters worse, Ben showed up today and couldn't take him back up to work.  If dogs can get their hopes up, Rocco's were soaring this afternoon until Ben crushed them as he held Rocco back with his boot and shut the door. Even I almost felt bad for him.  Luckily, there's "The Rocco Sauna."  He smashes himself in the corner by the heat vent and cooks himself until his troubles quite literally melt away.

And if you know Rocco, you know I am completely serious.  

11 comments:

Josie said...

ooh, that's gross. remind me to quit sitting on your vent when i come over now.

BRIAR said...

Did you used to sit on my vent?

Anonymous said...

Josie,
Maybe, just maybe, Rocco thinks you're gross. Did you ever think of that?

Amy said...

I think this story is so funny. It makes me like Rocco and even feel sorry for him. Now what "important" thing did Ben have to do that he had to break Rocco's little heart for? Ben, "no success in life can compensate for failure in the home".
And yes, you failed Rocco today.

Rochelle said...

Tyler wants a bulldog someday. Thats a big SOMEDAY. Rocco is cute.
On a different note...Briar, I recall you mentioning something about a baby sling and how you loved it. I am shopping for one and want some feed back. If it wasn't you then I am retarded and I will continue my quest!

Rach said...

Rocco looks how I feel somedays! So funny!

Beebs said...

Oh Rocco. I was sitting here showing Maren the picture of Avery and then she saw the picture of Rocco. And she says "Oh Rocco, I've seen that dog too many times!" lol I just thought it too funny. I guess she isn't a fan but if I were to have a dog, which wouldn't be in this lifetime, Rocco, may be a really good one because I feel like how he looks most days! :-)

Beebs said...

Hmm... on second thought, maybe i look like how he looks! LOL

Lewis News said...

This dog provides the stories....love it!

Anonymous said...

My kids have taken to playing "Rocco". Casey is Rocco and sticks out her lower teeth and gets down like a frog and chases Cole and Emily around until they yell, "PLACE!" and she goes to the corner. No kidding.

BRIAR said...

Candice, that seriously made my night. "Place!" is my favorite part. Every time your kids step foot in our house, that is probably the first thing they hear. Poor kids. Poor Reverend Rocco.