Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Stages of Grieving


In college I took a class where we studied The 5 Stages of Grief.  That knowledge has come in handy when introducing vegetables to my children. Eden started the process and successfully followed through all of the necessary steps to be at peace with her new diet. 

The vegetable in question was green beans.  She, of course, started her "session" in (1) DENIAL. Even though her rice cereal was suddenly green, she decided to believe it was still the same old rice cereal; oh but no.  The following 15 minutes ran its course as expected.  

(2) ANGER

(3) BARGAINING

(4) DEPRESSION

(5) ACCEPTANCE

We will follow the same plan next week when we move on to peas.  But I expect her to move through the process much quicker next time.  I am so proud.

6 comments:

Mindy Sauther said...

How do you even remember anything you learned at Ricks, because all I remember is our wild and crazy times! Look how cute that little face is. I love "depression" the most.

A Thinker said...

Hillarious! She is doing quite well, moving through her stages of grief. I still have the same reaction when I eat vegetables, so really, the girl's a genius!

Katie said...

that's the funniest thing i've read for a long time. thank you briar.

Beebs said...

AGain, she can't get much cuter!! Love that baby!

Nelson said...

Love that you captured these stages. You my dear are brilliant.

Rach said...

Ohhhh....Eden Beans is so cute! And totally funny at the same time! I love it!