Monday, November 10, 2008

Potato Harvest

A few weeks ago we went up to Ben's parent's farm in Idaho.  Ben has been wanting to work Harvest with his dad for years and finally got the time to do it. It doesn't matter how many times I've been there, it is always mind-blowing to see that many potatoes. And to think they have more than one cellar. . .and to think other farms have just as many cellars with just as many potatoes.  I can't wrap my head around it. We took the girls down the air shaft and up the stairs to the top of the pile.  It actually scared them for a minute, but they were fine and back to their old antics in no time.  




7 comments:

Jason said...

30 million Americans eat at McDonalds everyday. Fries take a lot of potatoes!

khepworth said...

That is insane to see that many potatoes in one place.

I've lived in Rexburg most of my life and your pictures are the closest I have ever gotten to "spud harvest".

I never worked it, but sure enjoyed the 2 weeks off of school that they gave us. Thanks Spud Harvest.

Anonymous said...

Thems alot a taters.

Craig Victor said...

That is amazing- I had no idea! The potatoes you gave us sure were tasty- thanks!

Nelson said...

Truly unbelievable.

Rach said...

Holy Potatoes Batman!B}

A Thinker said...

Tell your girls to get their feet off my potatoes!! j/k