Tuesday, September 09, 2008

We Swam


The girls and I left for Vegas for a week. It was my last ditch effort at getting some swim time in before school "really" started. We stayed at my sister-in-laws, Emily's, and swam. Then we went to my sister, Megan's, and swam. We fished them out of the pool just long enough to take everyone to Shark Reef and Rainforest Cafe for Quinn and Téa's birthday (which they share.)

The Royal Rat.  Megan's new miniature greyhound, Zéta.  She's a baby with needle sharp teeth and has a "taste for blood." This 2 pound nugget had the kids running for cover and always losing to her greyhound speed and ability to permanently attach to whomever's arm she got to first.  
Shark reef.
Rainforest Café





I played it cool and convinced Tay that all she got for her birthday was a clipboard and a spiral notebook.  We had planned on having her new bike tucked in her bed when we got back from Las Vegas.  As you can see, Ben had bigger and grander plans for when the garage opened. (Can you tell he was home alone for a week?)  My impressive acting skills seriously backfired on me when Téa screamed out, "I knew Dad would get me a bike!"

8 comments:

Roz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roz said...

It looks like you had a great trip...I am glad you are back, we missed you all. What a fun surprise for Tea, with such impressive presentation. Way to go Ben!

Nelson said...

My heart skipped a beat for her. So perfect.

ashleyboice said...

Is that really a picture of your baby flippin the birdie. Love it.

Beebs said...

Eden is ADORABLE! And I don't know about that rat dog, yikes! :-)

Natty bee Seely said...

Men get all the credit with the kids.

Natty bee Seely said...

OH and I like the rat dog. He's cute

Natty bee Seely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.