Monday, September 01, 2008

We are headed to Vegas tomorrow. . . the girls and I. They were in school for less than 2 weeks and then were off for a month. I don't want to talk about it.
But we have had a great time.
Here's a little recap of the past little bit.

We headed up to Idaho where we went to String Lake, right below the Tetons. It was gorgeous and we had a great time paddling around in the little boat.

Téa took the 4-wheeler for a ride with Papa Bart out on the farm, where she apparently drove like a mad woman.

Ben got sucked into Ottoline and the Yellow Cat just as much as the girls did.

Love her.

The girls have their own toy room and their own desk.  But no, they have to build one on their beds with a laundry basket.  Please notice the all-important music box, alarm clock and box of 500 staples. . . you know, just in case.  

Eden has taken a strong liking to her changing pad.  So, it accompanies her around the house from time to time.  

Téa and Avery out for a ride while Bart changes a tractor tire.

I know this is dark, but we went to a party where the girls had the old-fashioned dance cards around their wrists and people would sign up for dances.  It was a good time.

I apologize for the "graphic nature" of this photo.  Avery thought it would be funny to throw a shoe at Téa's head in the back of the car.  We were about 45 seconds from home.  But that is all it took for the back seat to literally look like a crime scene and for Tay to end up looking like this.  Yes, she is trying not to smile (she begged me not to wash the blood off until Halloween - "because that would be soo cool!!") and yes her clothes are perfectly clean.  That would be because her blankie was on her lap and she leaned over to ensure that her blanket stayed pristine.  You've got to have your priorities. 

We will be sad when the Snow Cone stands close around town.  What will I bribe my kids with?

Ben's Heidelberg.  His latest baby.  Well, other than the human one we just had.

Téa tried to teach my mom's dog, Tootsie, how to read (I'm not making that up, that is really what she is trying to do).  Fortunately, Toots already knows that ignorance really is bliss.

And finally, Avery has absolutely perfected her on-camera smile.  She is Dead Serious.


6 comments:

Sarah said...

so fun to see all the pictures... I miss you, call me when you get back & Grace and I will come visit!

Nelson said...

This post pleased me for so many reasons.
Also, the black dress will be worn this month...sometime...if I can figure an appropriate time and place.

Natty bee Seely said...

Those are all great pictures. So fun to finally get in on your blog. I am excited to see you guys next week or I guess this week if you go to Katie and Peder's party. You are looking fab as always, and Eden looks exactly like Ben. What do you think?

Unknown said...

Hi Briar, your girls are seriously so grown up since the last time that I saw them. They are such beautiful girls. Congratulations on your new little Eden. Fun to look at your cute Blog!

Shannon Powell said...

Hey Briar! Don't you just love kids. They do the craziest things. Your girls are stunning and we love checking your blog. Keep em' coming!

Josie said...

oh avery's camera smile. yowza! looks like you've been having so much fun! tell ben he needs a little more mousse in his hair if he's going to look like bon jovi