Friday, August 15, 2008

More from Lagoon

Another great time with the Hillmans.  We stayed until the park closed and we could have kept going.  
 
Turns out, both girls are little dare devils.  The park wasn't very busy so we were able to get little Avery on the big kid rides with no problem.  Here she is so proud to go on her first real roller coaster.



Téa was feeling pretty cool and grown up.  She said she wanted to go on Colossus even though there were two loops.  I was the one to take her on it.  As the coaster clicked its way up to the top before the first drop, I looked over and saw her doing breathing exercises and shaking her hands (which she only does when she is super nervous.) It was only then that I second-guessed my decision to take a 6 year old on the ride.  I had a little bad-parent panic moment until I heard her hysterically laughing through the loops.  

5 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

Picture of Eden is mouthwatering. Picture of soggy Ben and girls is fantastic. Picture of Briar and Avery makes me miss Briar.

Josie said...

okay, it's midnight, and now i'm afraid to go to bed because of that last picture of avery.

The Brownings said...

Hey Briar! I need your email address-can you send it to me? hunna2@gmail.com
Thanks :>

Nelson said...

beautiful memories

Gregory said...

Lagoon brings back fond childhood memories. It's awesome when the kids are big enough to go on the adult rides. I took my daughter Abby on Colossus when she was about 6 as well.

Hey Briar,

BTW, this is Ryan Boyle. I discovered your blog here from a friend. It has been a loooong time, my friend. You and Ben have a darling family there. I just wanted to stop in and say hi.