Monday, June 09, 2008

Two 2-Wheelers and a Graduation

Want to slack as a parent?  If you do, just follow my lead. . .
We never took the time to take Téa's training wheels off - like 2 years ago.  She's just been cruising around with them.  
So here's where my genius comes in - I take her to a friend's house that is training-wheelless and left for a few hours.  I come back and voilá I've got a kid on a 2-wheeler!  Thank you to Holly for running my kid down the street and holding the back of my kid's seat until she got it.  
(Hey Holly, listen, she's got a loose tooth she won't let me go near.  It needs to come out, pronto.  I have "an appointment" tomorrow.  I'll drop her off and be back, say, around 4pm? Great.  Thanks.)


Well, Avery was jealous and wanted her training wheels off. We thought we'd humor her a few days later and let her try.  So off come the wheels and off goes Avery.  I'm not kidding.  She all but rode out of Ben's hands. 

Unfortunately our little Speed Demon had to learn the hard way that quick turns lead to fat lips.
A few days earlier, my little Avery successfully past all of her finger-painting and lunch-bag-puppet exams and graduated from preschool.  She couldn't be more excited and we couldn't be more proud.  

3 comments:

Beebs said...

Awesome! Is this Holly V? Cause if it is, I'll take Matthew over. He has some weird fear of 2 wheelers and we are always so lazy, or chicken that we don't force it. Maybe Holly can do the trick! And your family below, I don't think I have seen 5 more beautiful people. Seriously!!

Holly said...

Hey Briar, you truly give me more credit than I deserve. I only held the back of her seat for a couple of runs and then I sat my lazy self down on my lawn chair and just shouted directions. She was just ready, determined and a quick learner!!!

I hope all is well today and I hear from Ben soon!!!

Craig Victor said...

Felicitaciones ninas!