Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Sword Neck


First of all, awesome picture.
So 3 weeks ago I woke up on Sunday and my left hand was completely numb. My entire left arm was on fire. And my shoulder, well, that was something to cry about. Ben tried to talk me into going to the hospital. Oh please. I thought I was tough enough to ride it out. I was. Until the tears came Monday morning. Well, my good friend's husband is a chiropractor.
Skip to the chase, I ended up in his office within 30 minutes where he tells me I am JACKED. It took 2 days to dry up the tears completely and like 8 visits to stop hurting. I am now a believer.
For about a week I couldn't let the girls hang on me as usual. I told them I had a sore neck. Avery kept telling me she wanted to touch my neck "super softly." It was weird though because she looked so so scared. She would touch me and ask if it hurt and if it was going to bleed. I was confused. She was scared.
Then is all came out. I told her I had a SORE NECK. She heard "SWORD IN MY NECK."
Do they GET any cuter than that little girl? Cute, and very confused.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I didn't even know that you were hurting, I'm glad you are feeling better now. Avery is the cutest. Do you think that since she couldn't see a big sword in your neck she was picturing one of those little ones they put in sandwiches? I know, I've put a lot of thought into this, I would love to be in her head.

Rosie Posie said...

Aves is so cute. Sorry about your neck. There is nothing like a sore neck. You feel completely debilitated. Did the chiropractor get the sword out?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is too funny. That Aves is such fun. So you're better??

LC