Tuesday, August 28, 2007

6th Annual Chili Party and Horse Race



Thank you for another great year at "the races!" We delayed the party 6 months to take advantage of our backyard. I think having everyone squeezed into our house, and up the stairs, got kind of old for everyone involved.
I got some slack for serving chili in August (it's normally in February) but then realized hamburgers are served hot, just like chili, so there. Plus, it's tradition, and if you know me, you know I am an over-the-top sentimental, nostalgic traditionalist (when it comes to these kinds of things). So chili it was!!
The night was perfect and the competition was FIERCE!!! Holy Cow. I wasn't the only one with butterflies when it was my turn. And the group of men off to the side had some serious strategery going with the betting.
Katie N. was not here to reclaim her title. It was up for grabs. And Fancy Pants took the title.






photo credits: Jake West

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to win soooo bad! Curse you Matt Damon curse you! I get too nervous and jumpy and rip off. That White and Nerdy was the REAL winner.

LC

Josie said...

wish i had been there! it looked SO fun!

The Clark said...

dude, is this party exclusive? how do i get invited? looks like a fancy time.

The Clark said...

briar-i need your email to send pics to.