Thursday, December 07, 2006

YOU CAN CONGRATULATE ME LATER




Did you hear a drum roll and then The Hallelujah Chorus the day after Thanksgiving? I think you did. It may have been muffled by a slew of other things, but it was there. Trust me.
You see, after two and a half years, I walked into our bedroom on Thanksgiving Day and I immediately became clinically depressed. Or how Ben asks me if my self-esteem drops 20 points the second I put on my 15 year old "Abner" (A very well worn - and loved - sweatshirt). . . it was a lot like that. Our room was SO ugly.
I finally painted our smoker's-yellow bedroom.
I am a freak. I research and researched everything; to make sure I have made the "perfect" choice, of course. The paint color was no exception. The fact that I was looking into METALLIC paint made it all the more intense.
We painted late at night and I was a little freaked when we finished. It was looking, well, metallic. Ben suggested I wait until morning to freak out. Maybe it would look better.
Well - we woke up and just layed there in silence. It was actually worse. Way worse. I thought we were laying in the inside of a Jiffy Pop bag. We may as well have glued foil to the walls.
Long story short - sort of - we bought "the special roller" that we had mocked the day before, and all was set straight. I am not clinically depressed anymore, but I may have a lower self esteem from time to time (I'm not giving up that sweatshirt Ben).

3 comments:

Josie said...

I think it is all going to look so cool when we see the "after" pictures of your room all put together.

And just like you're abner, I have the Tavarua sweatshirt that you got when you went with dad. It grosses Justin out, but it's just oh so comfy. And I actually feel so much better in it because NOTHING is touching me. delightful.

jsf said...

Please share your wit and humor more often. I have added your blog to my daily must-read list.

Darlene said...

I like it...It may resemble a small space ship, but think what that will do to your dreams ;)

XOXOXOX
Darlene