Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Téa Leoni has a new Biggest Fan

And that would be me. Not because of Family Man, or Spanglish, or Fun with Dick and Jane (hilarious). No, it is because she wrote to my daughter not as a celebrity, but as a mom.
About 6 months ago, Téa came home and lamented to Ben about how she didn't like her name. No one can pronounce it. Trying to say he understood wasn't cutting it. He told her about Téa Leoni and that maybe she could ask her. She wrote the cutest letter I've ever read ("Did anyone ever tease you? Call you Tortilla or Tommy or Tomagolchi?") She added her school picture and an origami bird. So sweet.
It broke my heart knowing the grim probability of Téa ever hearing back from her. After unsuccessfully searching for an address, I remembered a friend of mine's husband is a director and was able to get me her production company's address. (Thank you Trevi!)
Needless to say, the other day Téa got a letter addressed just to her.
Téa screamed when she opened it. It was the sweetest letter explaining what she went through and how much she loves her name now. And to top it off, she sent her a friendship bracelet.
The fact that she took the time to reply to Téa the way she did means the world to me. Téa has become really excited and proud of her name. It has been fun to watch.
So, yes, I am a huge fan and have a load of respect for Téa Leoni.
So from one mom to another: Thank you thank you thank you.



No comments: