Monday, October 19, 2009

From the Mouth of Aves


Last week my brother called early and told us (on speaker phone) that my sister was in labor and that the baby should be delivered within the hour. The girls and I were excited as I put their backpacks on and sent them on their way.

We live in the back of a cul-de-sac and it wasn't until Avery got all the way to the corner that she decided to ask/shout her question.

She yells, "Hey Mom! Are they going to put the baby in a box or something?
Or is someone going to hold the baby when she's born?"

(Remember, she is 4 houses away.)
I yell back the obvious, "No. They are not going to put the baby in a box!"

She shouts back, "Well, Jake said she was going to be delivered.
Does Auntie Josie go home without the baby and they mail her to their house?"

Time to buy some Amelia Bedelia books. . .

No comments: