Tuesday, May 12, 2009

All My Bens


I have always said that if you put all of Ben's different "looks" in a room together, they would not get along.  I have never met anyone whose appearance can change so drastically, so quickly.  

For years, I have been wanting to put together an "All My Bens" book, showcasing the different husbands I have had over the years.  I have been working on it, but it is not quite complete. (If you have any photos that might add to the collection, email me!)

For over three years, Ben's hair has been getting longer and longer. One late night last week he came home with all of it gone. Gone!  I was speechless; such a drastic change.  Within a week, Ben went from being a "long haired hippie" in a Subaru to a clean-cut gentleman from the 1950s in a huge truck. There have been jokes that he is in the Witness Protection Program, rightfully.   

I love his new look - I loved the old ones too.  I consider myself lucky that I get to have a "new boyfriend" every few months.  Anyway you cut it (no pun intended), he is still the same cute Ben with the same funny jokes and the same good dad who is the preferred bedtime story-teller around here.  He is honestly a good example to me to not take things so seriously.  I've always regretted that I never tried having super-dark long hair or super-short platinum hair.  I've been too freaked out to try it.  So dumb.
Maybe I will. . .  
  


9 comments:

Jessarella said...

Wow! I love the new look.

cort said...

Pure sexiness! I love the shock value of it all

Emily said...

Of course I agree with you and love him every which way, but he looks so cute!

Rach said...

I almost didn't recognize him on Sunday... I asked him if he got in to a fist fight with a straight razor and a bottle of Jack? Oh Ben! You gotta love it!

Beebs said...

I'm lovin this post! I didn't witness the new hair yet! But he is lookin good in the pics. He now looks like a very rich CEO. I can't decide which is better. I guess that's the awesome thing about life...being able to change our minds. And hey Briar, you would look awesome with any of the above do's that you mentioned for yourself. And I think that you are just the right personality to give it a go!

Nelson said...

He can pull off any look.
You should definitely try one of those looks you've been thinking of. I dare you.

Anonymous said...

The tattooed barber strikes again!

Anonymous said...

Woooooohhhh. Different person. Entirely.

Bikini Cuts right?

Candice

Rochelle said...

me likey