Monday, April 06, 2009

My Birthday Weekend

My birthday landed on a Saturday this year, which is always nice.  A lot of lounging around and a lot of eating.  Who doesn't love opening presents while reclining? So perfect!  I woke up to Happy Birthday notes and drawings tucked under me and around me in bed from Téa and Avery.  I went out to lunch with my mom and in-laws and came home to Ben attempting to make me a cake.  It was only made better by the girls attempting to frost it.  It was the ugliest, most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life.  I do have to say it was delicious! 


Friday night I was kneeling by Avery's bed, tucking her in.  She said "Mom tonight is the last time you will be 32 and tomorrow you will be 33."  She pulled my head in with both hands and planted a 20 second, very strong kiss right on the lips and said . . ."GOOD LUCK."  I lost it.  She is my favorite thing.

8 comments:

Mindy Sauther said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. I love the "good luck." We need to go on a date soon! Love ya!

khepworth said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Love the stories.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Love the one sock thing - too funny.

Candice

Rach said...

Happy Birthday! And I love Av's little face while she is frosting the cake... She "knows" that she is creating a masterpiece!

Rosie Posie said...

I miss you Briar!

Beebs said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad it was a good one!

Nash said...

Happy Birthday! (Late) It sounds like it was nice and relaxing - that's how I like it!!!

Bart and Joanne said...

Benjamin the baker, tell him he made his mother proud. Thanks Briar for such a fun lunch.

Love

Joanne