Friday, April 17, 2009

In the Dumps


Téa's 1st grade class was going to the city dump for a field trip.  She wanted me to go on the 5-hour excursion and my instinctive response was to say I couldn't go because of Eden.  But then, the face. Oh she gave me this glance with these eyes and, as if under a trance, I just said, "I'll be there."
It turned out to be a freezing, raining and wet day out there.  But it was so worth it.  It makes me sick to think that pretty soon I won't be cool enough to hang out with her publicly.  So, as long as she wants me around, I will be there.  Even if it is at the dump.



Note: Click on the top photo of the landfill.  You would not believe the seagulls.  Out of control.

4 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

a) FIVE HOURS??!!??!!??

b) I don't think I have seen a happier Tea. Nice work, Mom.

Sarah said...

I did click on the top picture- and I am amazed- that is crazy.

You are the best mom ever.

Rosie Posie said...

You're a good sport for going to the dump...I hate seagulls. I can't believe there were so many.

Beebs said...

That would have been a very interesting field trip I'm sure! I've never thought of visiting the dump before!