Wednesday, March 04, 2009

10 SNOWLESS DAYS


About 2 weeks ago, we took the girls to California for 10 days.  The original plan was to go to Disneyland with Ben's family for the weekend. It started out being only 4 days, but when you're that close to "home". . . well, the trip is quickly extended.  Ben stayed behind in Las Vegas for work and I drove the girls down to California early to make a few extra pit stops.


We spent 2 days with Amy, Elle and Gwen in San Clemente - focusing our Tuesday on real mexican food and the pier.  As you can see, Avery was focused on something much more terrifying .  . .the pelican that was involved in a staring contest with Téa.  It took almost 30 minutes but Téa persevered and won the stand-off. 
Avery called the pier a "big deck" and Téa called the ocean "the sea" and I hung my head in shame as I realized I haven't gotten them to the beach as much as I should.
It was good to be with Amy.  You would think with 4 siblings, at least TWO of us would live in the same state.  But no.  We are all without each other and that kills me. 

Téa's competition

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, San Francisco and Los Angeles aren't in the same state?

BRIAR said...

Jake - Ah! I know I know. But let's be honest, Northern California and Southern California really are 2 separate states. I know you aren't going to fight me on that. And in my book, Josie being a 15-hour-drive from Amy pretty much locks that in.

Nelson said...

You deserved it.
Now your home, lets get together soon. I miss you.

Beebs said...

Ahh looks so warm!! I'm jealous!