Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another Great Year at the Races


The 7th Annual Chili Party and Horse Race. Thanks again for another great year! We made it through any superstition of the 7 Year Itch.  Josie came all the way from San Francisco to be with us, and Jake down from Idaho.  I loved having them there.  

A few of those favored to win "choked," (you know who you are) leaving the door open for 1st time horse race winner, Kurt, to take the Grand Prize.  We couldn't have asked for a better night and loved having everyone over.  



Ben and Briar (aka Ricky Bobby and Hoarse)





Josie (Chill E) and Lori (Shade)




The Horse List

Kamikaze up against Ricky Bobby









The Reverend Rocco dying to get outside and take over the party.

Thank you to Jake for taking most of the pictures.

9 comments:

Jessarella said...

We had so much fun. Thanks Briar. I loved seeing Aunt Stacci and all my cousins too. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo for me. Oh well, another year of practice and I'll be ready.

Candice

khepworth said...

Thanks for a fun night! I can't believe Chode Smoke came through. I can't believe he chose that for his name. You guys rock!

Hawaii-50

Holly said...

Yes, I choked!!! Thanks for a great night!

mrs. timberlake said...

I first have to say Rocco and Doogan share the same dogbed.

Second, dare I ask you to email me exactly what it is you do at said horse races? My imagination is running wild... maybe I need to start an Arizona chapter - You know for when Jake moves down here and you come visit.

Nelson said...

I have no idea what you mean by "choking?" I simply chose to give it to someone else. Or maybe the spotlights got in my way. Or the pressure of all the people. Or maybe it was the chili. Either way, there's always next year!

Mindy Sauther said...

Sounds like Katie has her own excuses for the loss this year. I am still feeling bad for the year I ran her arm into the stairs and injured her before the race. Thanks for a great time Websters!

cort said...

So sad we couldn't make it to the coveted "horse races" this year, I am on that next year.

BRIAR said...

I love how you two - Holly and Katie - know who you are. And yes Katie. . .it must have been the chili. . . or maybe El Nino!
Mindy - I totally forgot about you ramming Katie into the stairs! Maybe that is what happened this year, right Katie?
I'm kidding. You guys are great. I personally didn't have a chance against Ricky Bobby. Does anyone?