Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh Yes He Did.




Friday was my special day. . . my "Queen Day." In bed I was brought up a huge red-wrapped box. I was so so excited. The girls had to go get a knife to open it. I was totally baffled and Ben just sat there in silence. I finally got the box open and could barely make out that there was something gold packed underneath all of the pink packing peanuts. Seriously. What on Earth.

All I had to see was the back half of the shoes when I had finally realized. I just collapsed back on the bed in hysterics.

Are you kidding me right now? Are you kidding me!!!

In the box were my tennis shoes from 1993 when I was a junior in high school. They were my volleyball shoes. I pathetically still had them when Ben and I got married. He hated them and unaffectionately called them my "Dodgeballs." They were so old but I kept saying they were fine.

He begged me to get rid of them. I didn't.
He pleaded with me. I didn't.
He made fun of me. I didn't.
He sat me down and tried to reason with me. I didn't.

So, for his birthday, he got himself and me a pair of running shoes.
Needless to say, my Dodgeballs mysteriously disappeared out of my closet over a year ago. I just assumed he took it into his own hands to discard them.

Oh but no.



13 comments:

Jessarella said...

He gold plated your Jr High Volleyball shoes. I am dieing right now!!! Oh My Gosh!

Nelson said...

There they are. In all their glory. Can't wait to see these beauties in person.

Amy said...

Ben is my idol.

lori said...

That is so cool. Its funny because I wore the same tennis shoes for..let me think...9 years. But they are broken in, comfortable and have been SO many places with me. I understand Briar. But they are still in my closet and they are NOT gold. Where will you put them?

Chelsea said...

Ha ha! That is to to funny.

Emily said...

Of course Ben would know where to go to have that done. So funny!

Beebs said...

That is too hilarious! He is VERY creative and funny! Love it!

khepworth said...

Seriously! A plaque and all! What does the inscription say? Will you hang them right above your bed so Ben can look at them every night?

Diaries of a Wonder Woman said...

Oh Briar, how funny! Your husband is so creative! How are you? WE need to get together. Kaleb starts school next week and the triplets the week after. I am going to have to come kidnap you!

Betsy Boop said...

That is hysterical!!! Ok, I pathetically still have MY Tap Shoes from BYU Folk Dancers from 1973! It is like the Ugly Step-sisters from Cinderella....I can only put half of my foot in them now! Anyone for Rocky Mountain Tap Clog??
Aunt Betsy

BRIAR said...

The plaque says "DODGEBALLS"

tara said...

that is hilarious. what a sense of humor your husband has!

Natty bee Seely said...

That's great. What a great fun idea to stir the pot a bit. By the way...how many pairs of glasses does avery have. It seems like they are different in every picture. Also my blog is private so email me so I can invite you please. Nattyseely@gmail.com