Friday, July 11, 2008

We've been surrounded by family for the past few weeks.  It has been so nice to have everyone around.  Most of our family lives out of state.

On the 28th, we all got together with Ben's side of the family for fireworks at his uncle's house. 
The 4th of July - 
We had 22 people over at our house last Thursday.  Eleven of them were kids.  We all rented the world's largest waterslide bouncehouse, put it in our backyard, and didn't see the kids for about 5 hours.  Genius.


My oldest sister, Megan.
Avery, Quinn, Elle
Charlie and Avery

Bull Shirt -
Ah yes, my husband.  Megan called about a month ago and "informed" Ben that he would be running a 10k with our family the morning of the 4th of July.  Ben happily agreed, but on one condition.  Pictured below is "the one condition."  Yes, he ran a 10k in jean short cutoffs ("Jorts" as Justin calls them.)  Here he is just as he returned home.
Park City -
We headed up to the golf course in Park City for the fireworks.  



We had a "pool" at my mom's house.  Apparently, if it is a pool, it doesn't matter the size or temperature. . .they are all getting in.




Well - I have not been as long winded as I normally am. That is because I am typing with one hand and Eden-holding in the other. For a more aesthetically pleasing look at our weekend over The Fourth, visit my sister Amy's blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Briar-

I hope its ok that I look at your blog. You have a beautiful family! I just think back to when I first met you at Colonial House and then the MTC, Ben and your great life. You have accomplished so much and it is great to see all you are doing. Love, Kathryn

Nelson said...

Jorts! Brilliant.

Beebs said...

Oh Briar you are awesome and SO beautiful! Looks like lots of fun and I love that hubby of yours for wearing the jorts!! LOVE IT!! You guys rock!!

khepworth said...

Ben you are so Awesome! I love it. Briar, you had to have been so proud of your F-Dude Hick-Benji.

BTW you and your sisters are so gorgeous.