Monday, June 02, 2008

38 Weeks


i miss my neck
i miss my eyelids and chin
i miss the previous size of the freckles on my face
i miss walking up the stairs without resting
i miss not counting to 3 before i get off the couch
i miss having my girls snuggle up closely on my lap
i miss sitting like an adult and not squirming like a kid
i miss my jeans
i miss advil
i miss undamaged nerves in my back
i miss hugging Ben normally
i miss traveling
i miss seeing my toes
i miss having a clean house
i miss lying on my stomach
i miss gorgonzola and feta
i miss going to the movies
i miss my waist
i miss the gym
i miss doing anything quickly
i miss my sleep
i miss my mind
i miss this little girl and i haven't even met her yet
i'd gladly leave it all behind forever for her

12 comments:

Jessarella said...

You look BEAUTIFUL pregnant. Just think, 2 more weeks and all the discomfort will disappear, and be replaced with exhaustion and sleeplessness.

Sarah said...

I also clicked on leave a comment primarily to say that you are beautiful Briar, honest. And what a lucky little girl to get you for her mom.... and about the sleep- I wonder if you couldn't somehow work a night shift in for Avery...

mrs. timberlake said...

i miss my briar.

love the picture. you are adorable.

can't wait to hear about the arrival.

hang in there.

someonewhoknows said...

Briar,

You looking darling- LOVE LOVE your blog. You crack me up!

Congrats on another girl.
You and Ben make the CUTEST girls around.

Get some rest.

hugs!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Awwww. You're such a great mom. Can't wait to meet the new girly. She's going to be wonderful!!!

It will be over soon---

Moxie

Beebs said...

Oh Briar you are almost there! And you look SO beautiful!! REALLY! I'm excited to meet your little one as well!

Josie said...

pregnancy is the WORST! just think, by the time i see you in a month, you'll be able to do all those things. well, maybe not the tight hug because of engorgement, and then the tiredness thing too, but whatever.

can't wait to see the babers!

The Clark said...

seriously. you have the most fascinating mind. i always love to see how you spit things out in such creative ways. i always felt comforted in those last few weeks knowing they are so much easier to care for on the inside...


can't wait to hear word of the arrival.

Nelson said...

Sooo close! We were just talking about it this morning. No more "missing" soon!

Amy said...

and I miss YOU!
can't wait to see you and meet the babers.
xo

Rosie Posie said...

I would gladly do it all over again too. I can't wait to see what she looks like. SO many possibilities. We miss you Briar. See ya in a couple weeks.

Diaries of a Wonder Woman said...

Briar,

No matter what you do, you will always be beautiful! You are my hot friend you know...even while you're pregnant. I idol you!

Ash