Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese N Me

My little Avery is five.  I honestly cannot believe it.  Her one request was to have a Chuck E. Cheese party.  I thought, well, I will let you have one in your lifetime, so bring it on.  I fought the idea until I realized there is no shame in letting Chuck E. and his friends help out a 36-week-pregnant woman out.  



As parents, you like to feel like you've hit a few home runs for your kid's birthday.  Well, do you see that gold box in front of Avery?  Yes.  That is her Golden Ticket to freedom.  Ben felt it was wrong to have Aves sneaking around the house with Téa's Nintendo DS when she wasn't home. So Avery got her very own.  No more hiding out.


Worth the mad-dash to three stores to get the right one


Avery seriously felt like a celebrity and there was NO question in her mind that she was the Birthday Girl. Chuck E. pulled through for me.  I won't trash talk him anymore.  

3 comments:

A Thinker said...

Yes, whenever given the opportunity (particularly at 36 weeks pregers) to mess up a public place rather than your own house, go for it. Just concentrate on all the cleaning you got to avoid and how there's pizza sauce smeared on their furniture and not yours and you'll enjoy it even more. Chuck rocks. Jon was kind enough to remind me after I spent and entire day baking and decorating Ben's cake that, at some point, it's cooler to get a cake from the bakery than have one made by your Mom. Ouch...but true. I would have died if I couldn't have had a bakery cake when I was little. At least this form of commercialization of your children (Chuck) has a clear benefit for you!!

The Kraus House said...

Nothing wrong with good American fun, crappy pizza, and robots that look like giant mice. Got to love it. Hope you are all doing well. Your girls are such beauties.

luv nat and kade

Rosie Posie said...

I love Aves. We miss you.