Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"What Are You Having?"


I seem to be asked that more these days than the usual "How are you?"
Ben never misses an opportunity to jump on his stock answer, "A baby."
Maybe a kitten, a little puppy perhaps, but we're thinking baby.
I don't have any inclinations, one way or the other. We don't care either. Well, I do care that it's a baby.

People I barely even know seem to know what I'm having, I wish I was as "in tune" as they were:

"It's a boy, I'm sure of it."
"You'll have another girl. Just trust me, you will."

. . .and your name was???
We get our first real look at this little tot tomorrow.
If it's a boy, we will be thrilled. Something new. . .and less emotional, so I hear.
If it's a girl, we will be thrilled. I get to pull out all of my favorite baby things I'm all nostalgic about and Rocco-Dog won't have to feel threatened.

4 comments:

Jessarella said...

How exciting! I remember people saying "is it a boy or a girl?" and I would just say "yes".

Amy said...

It is going to be a boy! And you can use the name you have saved all of these years...Beavis! So cute.

BRIAR said...

Amy - no really, it's fine. You can have the name. Being close as sisters is more important to me than any name.

Lewis News said...

Briar! I didn't know you were pregnant! I'm so excited. When's the due date? After having two boys I wanted another boy. I'm having a girl and scared to death. Maybe if you are having a boy we can trade!