Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Future in the FBI

We went to our church Christmas Breakfast last week. And what do you know?? Santa came for a visit! Of course there is a kid-stampede to get in line. Téa is in line, surrounded by other kids, and loudly announces,
"I don't know if I feel comfortable sitting on some strange old man's lap pretending to be Santa."
Oh. Ok. Well you can't fight her on that. But she kept going on and on. I finally had one mom asking me to get my kid to zip-it.
She came bounding off the stage excited because apparently he was the real Santa. No doubt about it.
But she later withdrew her claim, stating that
A) He had bad breath, and that
B) the REAL Santa only eats mints. and
C) not only does he eat only mints, but specifically minty cereal, so
D) it would be impossible for him to have bad breath at a Christmas breakfast.
Therefore, it couldn't have been the real Santa.

Avery, on the other hand, was just happy to be there.


2 comments:

Josie said...

someday tea is going to unzip her skin and you're going to find that she's a 40 year old nasa scientist disguised in a little girl's body.

Holly said...

Briar-I LOVE your blog. Thanks for letting me in on the fun! You inspire me to work harder on mine. You're the best!