Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Countdown to Christmas

Ready or not, it's coming. This is the first year Ben and I have felt "under the gun." For the past four years it has always been "I want the pink Fairytopia Barbie for Christmas. Oh - and some Cheetos." Ben and I would go out on the 23rd and knock it out in 2 hours. We didn't get what the big deal was. Oh no. No No. Not this year. Our precious little 6-year-old has sung a different tune this year. It was more like "Santa's bringing me a Nintendo DS, a pink Gameboy, and an iPod." Who have you been hanging out with little girl? What about the new Fairytopia doll? It comes in purple this year! Or that cute little tea set? huh? Huh? HUH?
Yah, no. Santa better be quick on his fat little feet, and clever.
Yes, we finally got a tree, and no, we did not drag one in from the yard this year. And had we done so, Aves would be eager to clean up the mess.



Over breakfast, Avery went into great detail of how her friend was mean to her baby brother and how she "won't do that to my new baby." (It's true, I'm pregnant.)
I freaked, wondering how we could have eaten so many oranges in one day. I went to turn out the lights, and found this by the front door. Don't ask. I don't have an answer.
It was a little quiet Saturday morning, I came downstairs and found this. Better than breakfast in bed. . .

8 comments:

Jessarella said...

What a cute family! I love the oranges!

Jessarella said...

What a cute family! I love the oranges!

mrs. timberlake said...

Can I borrow Avery? I will provide the vacuum and the plane ticket.

Anonymous said...

So it's out that your pregnant! We are so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah - I'm feelin' your pain. Emily's Christmas list has changed over the years. It's too funny and made me laugh.

When do we find out what it is? I say boy all the sudden.

LC

khepworth said...

We're happy for you guys too!!! Congrats on the whole baby thing.

Josie said...

well, this would be a really big post if i hadn't RUINED the whole "coming out" thing. avery's hilarious with the vacuum...a girl after my own heart.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new addition