Monday, November 26, 2007

Yes, The Reverend Rocco is Back.


I have been asked a lot lately if Rocco was back from boot camp. Yes yes he is, indeed. He was gone for 8 fun-filled weeks back in April and May.

He came back a different dog. I was convinced that the reason he was gone so long was to take the time needed for the lobotomy scars to heal. He went from a crazy freak, to a brain-dead couch potato (fabulous!).

Well, he must have just been tired because he is still the same crazy - sometimes inconceivably dumb - dog. I still catch him trying desperately to catch and chew dust particles, and he is still has irrational fears of alluminum cans and laundry baskets. It's just that now he knows some pretty serious commands and can actually walk the block without a leash. Impressive.

And we aren't afraid to use the shock-collar. Before anyone gets mad about that, don't. I felt bad too, but Ben went ahead and shocked me in the kitchen. Yes he did. It wasn't bad. But he did get my undivided attention.

For those of you who aren't familiar with my difficulties with this bulldog, you can go here to learn of my earlier sentiments.

He's also a great dog because he only sleeps here. He goes to work everyday with Ben which helps a ton.
Long live (the new) Rocco!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hey Briar
Cute dog. A shock collar eh? At least your husband doesnt have a TAZER like mine does and repeatedly asks if he can taze me. I love your blog! -Lori

EndlessLoveInTheDark said...

awww, briar, i looooove the reverend rocco and i love the pic!!

-lou

Josie said...

rocco's gross. and stupid. and has the world's stinkiest toots. but that doesn't mean i love you or ben any less.