Thursday, January 11, 2007

DECEMBER








We have had a really great month. Busy. And great. We went on a ski trip to Big Sky with the Websters (Avery says insists it was a "Skateboarding Vacation") where Téa and I both attempted snowboarding for the first time. OK,that is a story for another time. I have the bruises still.
Ok, so then we rush back for Christmas. After Christmas, while still in the one week process of "detoxing" my kids of the sugar that they have been main-lining for 2 weeks, I get a little call from Shmeegs asking me to come visit. "Oh, and by the way, we will just swing down to Palm Springs for a few days". Of course, I accepted the offer and left the next night with just the girls and no Ben. Thank heavens for movies and movie headphones. Those girls melted the Corpse Bride and Mermaidia DVDs. I've never seen Mermaidia, but I do know every annoying word of it and that Bibel "IS SOOOO FUNNY!!". My cell phone battery is on the fritz so I couldn't talk my way down to Vegas, I had to sing my way. That is too much singing. Even for me.
We didn't have any problems when we stopped in St. George this time. (Well - one. Avery made it all the way to the restroom and THEN wet her pants. She just cried and said "WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE A BUM! IT JUST MAKES MY PANTS WET! She was so so sad and was so irritated that she had some malfunctioning body that leaks.) The last two times we stopped there our license plate was ripped off our car. What is that all about?!
Back to the trip. It was great. Palm Springs was SOOOO, well, SOOO not Utah. No snow, and a pool. FABULOUS.
Wow - I've got to stop. I am dragging on. Can you tell Ben isn't home yet?

1 comment:

Josie said...

yeah for a new post. that is so funny about aves in the restroom...i can just hear her sweet little voice being so disappointed in her bum. and the license plate thing? two times? how do you get a new one?